Here are some restaurant copycat recipes for Joe's Crab Shack Stuffed Shrimp and seafood Stuffing. Read on to learn how to make this dish at home in your own kitchen.
20 medium, raw shrimp peeled
2 slices Monterey Jack cheese
1 recipe Joe's seafood stuffing
20 slices uncooked bacon
20 jalapeno slices
- Slice down the middle of the shrimp.
- Lay shrimp cut side up and press 1 Tbsp Joe's Crab Shack seafood stuffing into each shrimp cut.
- Lay a slice of jalapeno and a piece of cheese over the stuffing.
- Wrap each stuffed shrimp in a slice of bacon.
- Thread 5 shrimp on a bamboo skewer.
- Grill shrimp over a medium flame for 5-7 minutes on both sides.
Ingredients for Seafood Stuffing
1/4 cup margarine
1 1/2 Tbsp minced garlic
1 oz shrimp base
1/2 bunch celery, diced
1/2 lb pollock fillets
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
3 large onions, diced
1/2 lb salad shrimp, chopped
1/4 tsp white pepper
2 cups croutons
1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 lb crab meat
Direction for Stuffing
- Saute Celery, onion and garlic in butter.
- Add fish and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain most of the liquid from the pan.
- Stir in shrimp base and peppers.
- Fold in croutons and breadcrumbs.
- Fold in crab meat.
Joe's Crab shack also uses this stuffing to make:
Crab Balls (roll stuffing into 1 inch balls, roll into flour and deep fry until brown)
Crab Stuffed Shrimp (peel and devein uncooked shrimp, slice down the the middle of the opposite side you deveined. Lay shrimp cut side up in a small baking dish. Press 1 Tbsp of stuffing into each shrimp. Brush with melted butter and bake in the 375 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
1 tsp chopped garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup cream of celey soup
3/4 cup diced onion
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 cup water
1/4 cup diced celery
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 lb crawfish meat
1/4 tsp dry mustard
1/2 lb cubed chicken meat
1/2 tsp Worcester sauce
1/2 lb raw peeled shrimp
12 oz cream of mushroom soup
3 Tbsp slice green onions
1 Tbsp chopped parsley
3 cups rice pilaf
- Saute garlic, onion, celery, and green pepper in butter until soft.
- Stir in spices, soups, water, and meat of your choice.
- Bring to simmer and continue cooking until meat is cooked through.
- Stir in green onion and parlsey.
- Scoop 1/2 cup rice pilaf into the center of 6 bowls.
- Pour etoufee over rice.