Here is an easy restaurant copycat recipe for Joe's Crab Shack Garlicky Mussels. I've included a video cooking demonstration along with tips on how to make this dish at home using simple ingredients and limited cooking skills.
4 lbs live mussels
4 cloves garlic, chopped
6 Tbsp butter, cut in pieces
2 cups dry white wine
1/2 tsp salt
4 large shallot, chopped
1/3 cup mixed fresh herbs
- Rinse and clean mussels in cold water.
- In a large stockpot on medium heat, combine shallots, garlic, wine and salt.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add mussels, increase to high and cover.
- Cook about 5 minutes or until all the mussels are open.
- Stir in butter and herbs (such as parsley, basil or chervil).
- Remove from heat.
- Serve with angel hair pasta and garlic bread.