Here is a restaurant copycat recipe for Joe's Crab Shack Coconut Shrimp and Pineapple Dipping Sauce. Read on to find out how to make this wonderful dish at home in your own kitchen.
1 lb medium shrimp
1 (7oz) package flaked coconut
1 Tbsp sugar
1/4 cups water
1 tsp salt
2/3 cups cornstarch
1/2 cups flour
- Peel, clean and butterfly shrimp.
- Mix eggs and water. Set aside.
- Place 1/3 cup of corn starch in a bowl for dusting shrimp.
- Mix in a separate bowl remaining 1/3 cup cornstarch, coconut, sugar, salt and flour. Blend well.
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Roll shrimp in cornstarch, dip in egg wash, then roll in coconut mixture.
- Place shrimp in hot oil and deep fry until done.
- Shrimp will float to the top when cooked.
Ingredients for Pineapple Dipping Sauce
1 (8oz) can crushed pineapple
1/2 cup Chinese sweet&sour sauce
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup red plum preserves
- Place all sauce ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Simmer over medium-low heat for 20-25 minutes, stirring frequently until the mixture thickens slightly.